Wednesday, April 30, 2008

California and Mexico









So we got into Utah the very beginning of June, and our budget was rather tight. Through a series of huge eternal blessings, Dev an I both were able to find work, almost immediately. Once that was settled, I decided we needed to vacation for his birthday (I mean, it's not like we had had enough yet, right!) - I hadn't ever been to Cali before and we were both craving more beach time. Dev served his mission in LA, so I got to meet some old converts and companions of his. I felt a bit out of place, though, as all of them spoke very little, if any, English. The common question was "Habla Espanol? No? Ah, que pena!" (I guess that means too bad or something...Anywho, so we ended up going to LA (Hollywood!), San Diego, then Tijuana and Ensanada (in Mexico). To be honest, I wouldn't mind not ever going back to Mexico...the beach seemed like it was more trash then sand. San Diego was beautiful, though. I could stay there my whole life and be happy. Oh - it was also my first time actually doing a decent job at surfing! :)

1 comment:

t3ly said...

Ensenada isnt a good beach, i recomend u CANCUN! thats beautiful! better than san diego :D